BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

.... but I love You..... (part 9)

**Archelle**

Lunch is about to come. I keep staring on my watch and groaned inwardly. 30 minutes to go. I am so deadly bored with this class. I know I should feel interested in poetry class but yesterday I didn't get enough sleep and in order for me to really pay attention to the class, I need at least 8 hours of sleep, and wake up after the alarm clock is ringing.

Today, that thing is not happening. In fact, I think the whole thing change for a start. One, I was late to class for the first time. Second, now I have an insane roomate, since Kendra acted kind of out of place lately. Third, suddenly this good-looking and brainy guy named Marcus Lawrence is interested in interacting with me. And fourth, for the first time I will not have lunch with Brie.

There you go. 4 new things happen in just one day of new and final semester. How 'cool' is that?

Someone is clearing his throat, and all eyes turn to me. Apparently I was musing too far that I didn't even notice Mr.Rufus standing right in front of me.

"Penny for your thought?" He said, little sarcasm added on his voice. I heard some of the students snickered and I glare at the source of the voice. I looked back at Mr. Rufus and, suddenly feel like my throat is blocked, only able to shake my head. Mr. Rufus sighed in defeat and carry on his lecture.

Well, of course he will not saying same thing over and over again. I mean, it's the umpteenth time I was daydreaming while he keeps on drawling about how great Shakespeare is. I was just about to close my eyes when a note appear on my desk.

I know, it's boring. I think the same too LOL (wink2) -ML-

I grinned and winked back at him. I swear to God that he is blushing. Well, it's a big accomplishment for me, I make a guy blush! Never thought I could do such thing to a guy before. Oh well, maybe I ought to go out more in future.

*************************************************************

Finally, it's time for lunch! I was the first person who immediately get prepared to leave, and my eagerness to get out from our lecture hall has gain attention from all, including Mr.Rufus. He clucked several times, and I can feel myself blushed helplessly.

"I love how eager you are to get out from this class, Miss Stevenson," he said with sinister. I just grinned, guilty as charged. Before I even made my first step, someone grabbed my arm smoothly. I turn and find myself face to face with Marcus. He grinned so wide that I thought he was gonna break his cheeks.

"Let's go," he said simply. I looked at him, feeling confused. Just what the heck is he talking about... OH! The coffee during lunch break!

"Sure, lead the way mister," I indicated him to move on first. I can feel my cellphone vibrating, but I chose to ignore it because I don't think it is appropriate to mind my cellphone when I'm with other's company.

***************************************************************

**Brie**

Weird.

That's the first thing that come into my mind, staring at my cellphone with a big frown on my face. As far as I know, Archie is very sensitive when it comes to her vibrate cellphone. She will definitely snatch her cellphone the moment it started vibrating.

Hmm... I wonder why....

Then a sudden thought struck me!

Of course she isn't answering my cellphone. She is having lunch with Marcus boy. I know how nervous she will feel because this is the first time she will be in a man's company for as long as we live. She never date with any of the guy before. The farthest thing she can go in relationship matter is to just having crush on guys. And falling in love with one guy from far away, never knowing what he feels for her because she is too hopeless to even know the truth. And so, she decided to just forget her first love without a true answer. As much as I don't like her decision, as her best friend, I have to respect her decision and supported her always. And she did forget about her first one-sided love in few months.

Now, this Marcus boy suddenly asked her out for lunch, and she will definitely having some nerve wrecking about this. I have mixed feeling about all of this suddenly. I don't even know why I have this feeling, but I was a little disappointed when she told me about Marcus. It killed my mood the entire of my cosmetic class after I receive her last message from her.

I don't know and not even sure the reason of my sudden low mood. Did I pissed off because she finally has a guy who paid attention to her? Or on the other side, did I feel that because Marcus has indirectly stole Archie from my life?

I feel loss...

************************************************************

**Archelle**

We choose a pretty secluded seat to enjoy our lunch, which included a plate of fried rice chicken and a glass of ice coffee. All are under Marcus's treat, he insisted, after a few minutes of argument about how I should not let him pay for me. I took my first gulp of coffee and moan with pleasure as the drink pass through my esophagus.

"This is so delicious!" I exclaimed loudly. Marcus just shook his head and chuckled.

"C'mon, it's just an ordinary coffee they have here. Starbucks coffee are much better to me."

I snorted. "Yeah, it's as delicious as the price is. If I was born with silver spoon, I will definitely choose Starbucks over here."

"I betcha," he replied, shrugging. In a few minutes we just eat and drink our lunch menu slowly in silent but still feel comfortable. I feel weird, I mean, this is a guy we talked about here, a guy who seated in front of me in cafeteria, just the two of us. Isn't it weird? I never get myself into being in a company of a guy before, this is totally new to me, but in spite of all that, there is no such as nervousness that I expected to feel. Instead, I feel comfortable and relax, it was as if we are a long-lost friend who have reunion and is hanging out together.

I don't know what power did this guy possess that makes me feel this way. It's going to be an interesting final semester after all. Hmm...

**************************************************************

**Brie**

The moment I walked into the cafeteria, the first thing I did was to search for any sign of Archie. And truth to be told, there she is eating comfortably with a guy with I presume to be Marcus Lawrence. I feel slightly jealous to see them so well together...

Whoa! Why am I acting this weird so sudden? You never mind about Archie spending time with people other than yourself before, so why now?

I shook my head to clear my overridden thought and went to line up for a lunch. The cashier which I have issues with is staring hard at me. I stared at her back, and we were kinda have a staring competition in an instant moment before someone is tapping my shoulder. I turned and smile at my dear roomate Bella and Maria.

"Hey, girls! What a surprise to see you here!" I exclaimed in disbelief. It's true. Bella and Maria usually have lunch outside the campus, they claimed that the food here is just not their taste.

"Well, Maria's car is throwing tantrum, so we have to send it to the mechanic. In the mean time, have to eat here," Bella explained to me. She seems to search for something, her eyes are wandering everywhere. I followed her eyes but didn't comprehend what she was looking for.

"What are you searching for?" I asked, clearly confuse. She turned back to me.

"Why are you alone? Where's Archelle?"

I pointed them the direction to which Archie seated. Archie is laughing at something that Marcus said, and for some reason it makes me feel irritate. I feel like want to push Marcus away from Archie. Maria sense my sudden change of mood.

"Are you okay? You can eat with us if you want," she invited me but I declined. Right now I don't feel like want to have conversation with anybody, be it if they are my roomate. I just want to be alone. I feel hurt deep inside for unknown reason. It feels like I have lost Archie to see her so happy with her apparently new friend to talk to.

Hmm, maybe that is why I was so pissed off. Archie and I have been best friend for 5 years, and we are inseparable ever since our last year at high school. We never intended to find other close friend, because we know we have each other. Seeing her with someone else..... arrghh, I need to stop thinking about that and get my damn lunch.

"Are you sure that you'll going to be okay alone?" Bella asked me, look unconvinced. I smiled at them reassuring them that I will be okay. And yeah, I do feel okay. I eat my lunch, which are a plate of fried noodles and a glass of OJ, without having to talk in between. It feels good to actually can feel the taste of my food. Even though I might look pathetic, sitting alone while my best friend is eating with someone else on the other side, I still can find my peaceful moment here.

That's it until someone that I despise so much come and interrupted my moment.

**********************************************************

**Kendra**

Well, well... look who's there, sitting all alone, like a pathetic loner. I chuckled inward, an evil thought cross my mind.

Hmm, I will not miss this opportunity to taunt her a bit. I always want to do that but each time she will always have Archelle on her side, like her life is fully depending on Archelle.

And so, with graceful walk, I went to Brie Matthews with a joyful smile carefully plastered on my face. She clenched her teeth, clearly not welcoming my presence. Suit you, girl, I will not back off now that I have this chance. I take a seat in front of her without waiting for an invitation that for sure will not ever come from Brie's mouth.

"What's up? All alone?" I mocked concern. She pursed her lips, disgusted on me.

"What do you want?" She demanded harshly.

"Whoa! No need to take out your anger on me! Hmm, where is your buddy?" I wandering around, and then I spotted Archelle chatting animatedly with a guy. Hmm... that guy is surely a looker to me, too bad he is not my taste, or I will consider about snatching him from my dear roomate.

"You saw her, you got your answer, now I suggest you to leave me alone before I did something that I might regret later," she threatened me, but it did not scared me at all. In fact, it trigger me to taunt her some more.

I tsked, feigned sympathy look. "Poor baby Brie, being left alone after so much years in friendship for a guy to whom she barely know." Brie's face turned red, and I swear in any moment she will attack me on the spot.

"Fuck off bitch!" She growled. I raised my eyebrows, and can't help to smirk at her.

"Hmm.... you know what? You look hot when you are..ehm...hot..." I hesitated, shocked at myself for even considered saying those thing to her. She blushed all of a sudden.

Jeez.... just few seconds before I was making her angry deliberately, and now I was complimenting her? It makes no sense at all. Before I even considered about pulling back my words, she already stomped off from cafeteria. God... that's 'great'! Now I feel guilty about this, and I was not suppose to feel guilty!

0 comments: