BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

.... but I love You..... (part 6)

** Archelle POV **

The ice cream shop are crowded tonight with tons of students. Maybe they are celebrating the beginning of new semester. I did plan to celebrate it to Brie tonight but there's so much happening in just one night. Being away with family again, the long 4 hour drive without even stop to grab something to eat, the argument with Brie, and to complete my worst day, being slapped by my own roomate because of whatever lie that Jane obviously told her sister.

My left cheek is still sting from the slap earlier. I was still angry at Kendra but determine to just push that hatred behind me at this moment. It's cool that Brie forgive me for my earlier not-so-appropriate act toward her. Thankful for that, 'coz I can't handle well whenever Brie and I have a fight. Despite that, I still want to apologize to her more properly. And so, after we buy our ice cream, we chose an available seat, and I take a deep breath, not sure of how to begin my sentence. I'm not really good at apologizing, especially when the blame is on me. But I'm gonna do it anyway.

"Brie, I'm sorry for being an idiot just now. I know I should respect your privacy and secret. I shouldn't use our friendship to force you to spill the bean." There you go. I apologized without even stuttering, which is great. Brie give me a small smile, she still looked worried though.

"It's okay. Things are not always according to what we like or want," she reasoned, shrugged her shoulder. I released a big sigh of relief.

"I love you Brie," I winked at her, and she laughed.

"I love you too, my dear friend Archie," she purred. I laugh out loud.

"Gosh, if I didn't know you better, I thought you just flirting with me!" We both chuckled.

"Oh come on! I'm practicing it! Don't spoil it!" She mocked being annoyed, then pinched my forearm playfully.

We continued to talk normally while eating our ice cream. As I was telling her about my experience on internet flirting, her eyes darted to somewhere else. "Hello? Earth to Brie?" I waved in front of her eyes. She blinked several times, confusion written on her face.

"Uh... what did you just tell me?"

I sighed. "I don't want to repeat it. Your loss." I smirked.

"Ha-Ha." She mocked sarcastic.

"What are you looking at?" I tried to see at the direction where Brie obviously can't stop staring just now. Nah, I can't recognise anybody that I know due to the overcrowded situation.

She leaned toward me and whispered, "I just saw my exes."

"Huh... exes huh?" I can't help but to chuckle with her term. Yeah, it's true that Brie has many exes. She said that she always get bored in a short time, and tend to jump from one guy to another. Sometimes I feel envy of her because she has no difficulty in getting the guy that she wants. All she has to do is to wink at them, and they will come at her like a puppy who wants some food, with imaginary saliva dripping down from their mouth. Compare to her, I am nothing when it comes to romance. I never had boyfriend before, just a one-sided stupid crush. That's all. Even though I'm not as nerd as Kendra is, I am still can be categorized as nerd.

Brie is lucky. But unfortunately for her, the only guy that she truly love is also the only guy who ditch her first before she do. I still remember how devastated and depressed Brie was after the break up with Noel Carter. Noel is a footballer star, and he is one of the most popular guy back in high school. As usual, once the target is choosen, Brie will take the next step: Get a date with that particular guy. And Noel is no exception. So they dated. For the first time, Brie called me at midnight just to tell me that she think she finally met the right guy for her.

Ever since she admitted that she is in love with Noel, she changed from playgirl to a romantically, loyal girlfriend to Noel. Everyday after the last bell ring indicated the end of school time, she will meet Noel at library and study together until the clock striked 6pm. Sometimes, when Noel has a football practice, Brie will be his loyal fan to watch him play. Brie never like sport, but her love for Noel was so strong and deep that she is willing to go to her most undesirable place to be just to support Noel. Everytime football game is on, Brie will drag me along to watch him play. And being the loyal friend to her, I always agree to come with her.

One night, I was so busy with my Spanish assignment that I can't tag along with her to watch the final game. And so, she went alone. In the end, she called me at the middle of the night to tell me that Noel's team has won and before she can even make a move to congratulate him, he is already being "congratulated" by one of the cheerleader in the middle of the field. Everybody there was like "awww" and scream, but to Brie it was the most heart-shattering moment. The next day, I was ready to kill Noel right in the middle of the school hall if it is not because of Brie who stop me from doing that. And so, for Brie's sake, I didn't kill Noel, but instead, I badmouthed him, swear him to hell until Brie asked me to stop. That night, she cried so hard that I don't want to leave her alone and let her sleep in my house.

The next day, she woke up early and vowed to herself loudly to me that she will never let any guy hurt her again. And so, until now, Brie is still single and... uhm.. not-so-available. Even though this happen 5 years ago, but I know Brie is still hurt. She completely shut down her heart, build a very erect wall around her heart, and never let any guy enter it.

"Yeah, exes. I can't really count how many exes I saw here just now," she frowned a bit. I just smile at her, and pat her shoulder. We shared our smile again and continue with our talking. By the time we paid our ice cream price, I just realize that I totally forgotten about my worst day. By the time we reached to our dormitory, I feel dreadful again for having to see Kendra again after her slap and accusation toward my brother.

*****************************************

**Kendra**

I was still in the same position - sitting on my desk and just staring out of space doing nothing - when I heard the doorknob being turn, and in come Archelle with light on her eyes. She, indeed, have manage to have a good time even after what I did to her. And somehow, this annoyed me. In my heart, I want her to feel miserable so that I have reason to beg for her forgiveness. But now, seeing her being such a happy camper, I feel like want to repeat the mistake again.

"Why the smile on your face?" I snapped at her. She altered her move to remove her jacket, and stare at me in confusion.

"It's my face. I can do whatever I wanna do with my face, and you have no right to question my every act okay?" She was just about to grab her towel which she put on her dresser when I suddenly grab her arm. "Oh, for God forsaken, do NOT touch me AGAIN! Didn't you hear my warning just now?" She tried to release my grip but I tighten it much more. She cringed in pain. "Are you crazy? Let go of me!" I smirked and stared at her intently. She look paled now.

Hah! Now you realize that you can't make fun of me anymore. I am not the Kendra that you used to know. I am different. And I'm gonna make sure that you'll become aware about that fact!

"LET GO OF ME NOW! BEFORE I SCREAM!"

I chuckled. To be honest, I don't know why I am doing this but it's quite enjoying. Good beginning to start our new semester huh? You betcha! "Oh, poor girl... so helpless..." I mocked sympathy to her. Without warning she bite my hand, making me jump in pain, and let go of my grip.

She gave me middle finger before she went out from our room with her towel.

Suddenly, I have another thought in my mind...

**********************************

**Archelle**

"I swear to God! Kendra looks like she has been possessed by a demon! Her eyes, her laugh, her act.... everything is different!" I squealed with anxiety to Brie, who takes shower just next to my shower booth.

"Hmm," she snorted. "I think she is always weird and crazy to me. Maybe it's because of her too much reading about psychology that she become insane herself. No surprise there, girl."

"Yeah, it's easy for you because you are not the one who has to deal with her every day!"

"I keep wondering why are you still being her roomate? Why not you just move out or ask HER to move out? Buy yourself an apartment, or small house or something."

"Why, why... First, that fucking dorm system never allowed me to do so, in which I fully regret to say that I was an idiot to even consider her to be my roomate in the first place. Second, I don't have much money to buy a house or rent an apartment. And thirdly, I'll be graduating sooner, so I'll just have to bear with her for another 1 year," I reasoned. She chuckle.

"Well, you can always count on me if you have any more problem with her. I will be most welcome to kick her ass!"

"Syhh! Mind your language, you don't want to ruin your so-called goody-goody two-shoes reputation here, right?"

"Oh come on!" She groaned out loud. "That term is suppose to refer to Kendra. Such a great pretender she is. And hypocrite!"

"Okay, I'm not not sure if I'll want to go down that road tonight."

"Thank you. That's all I'm silently praying for."

We finished showering at the same time, and saying our goodnight. I was wrapped in a towel, and the temperature is so cold that I began to shivering. I walked faster to my room, and guess what?

My room is locked.

This is interesting. This is going to be interesting. Fuck you Kendra Louis, psychotic BITCH!

0 comments: