BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

.... but I love You..... (part 4)

** O'Brien POV **

I don't know how long I stared at my damn computer screen. Probably an hour, or two? The moment I saw Jane online at MSN, I become speechless and stiff. I even ignored all the people that I chatted with, including my best buddy Nathan. He even buzz me and called me several time. Huh... he must be thinking that I killed myself that in an hour or so he came knocking on my door.

"Brien! Are you there? Open this damn door please!" He shouted anxiously. That's when I was being forced back to reality. He knocked several times before I eventually lose my nerve.

"Come in, you asshole!" He burst into my room and immediately checking on me to see if I hurt myself or whatever. When he realise that I was not hurt, his worried face turn into annoyed one.

"You scared the shit out of me, man! It's not you to not respond my message and call for an hour." I rolled my eyes. Nathan Bales is a kind guy but sometime he can be worse than my mom. Whenever I did something wrong, Nathan will never stop lecturing me of how I should think before act, use my brain more, blah blah blah. He was about to talk something else when I put up my hand to stop him.

"Okay, Nate, I got it. I'm sorry for making you worried," I apologized in low tone. He considered something for a moment then he nodded.

"Hmm, don't scare me again, man.... I know how you feel at this moment, I've been through the same thing too," he slapped my back smoothly and sat next to me in an extra chair. "What are you looking at? Oh.... damn...."

"Yeah," I sighed, defeated. "It's Jane. She's online, and I'm stupid for not deleting her from my friend list." I shook my head regretfully. "As much as I hate to admit this, I still love her."

"Uh-uh," Nathan shook his head furiously. "This girl," he pointed toward Jane's screen name, "is not worth your love. She's a bitch, and heartless. She thinks she can do anything to other people. It's unforgiveable for her to play with your sincere heart." I put my head on the computer table. "I know it's hard for you but you gotta move on. This girl is not worth your time. Move on, man... do something else that can make you forget her -"

I bang on my desk in frustration. "Forget her? Are you asking me to just forget her? My first love? F**k!" I stared at Nathan menacingly.

"Easy man," he raised both of his hands. "I was just trying to help you -"

"You f**king make it worse! Leave me alone! Go away from me, I'm not in the mood to listen to your never-ending lecture!" Out of a sudden, Nathan pull me up and push me to my bed.

"Will you stop being such an ass to yourself Brien? Face the reality, man! That Jane is cheating on you! Everybody saw that! Open your eyes, please!" He practically shouted at me. I just stared at him with open-mouthed. He then turn around and went to my computer.

"What are you doing?" I asked him in small voice, still shock to hear what Nathan has just saying to me. It feels like a slap to my face, but thanks to him, I now come to realize that indeed Jane is not meant for me.

"I'm deleting her. Is that okay?" He asked me hesitantly. I just shrugged and nodded. Tomorrow is school day, and I don't know if I'm ready to face Jane again. The fact that she is my classmate making it much harder to cope it. My thoughts ran into Chelle. I miss my sister already, and I hope everything is okay there.

**************************************************************************

** Archelle POV **

Ever since we stepped into cafeteria, Brie never failed to humor me with her usual cracking jokes and spontaneous funny act. A lot had happen to us at that night that makes me wish that I should have take Brie to eat outside rather than here. The first incident happen when someone is knocking Brie and she almost fell down if I didn't act on reflex to grab her arm.

"Hey freak! Don't think that you can get away from this!" Brie shouted, very pissed off. The guy, I believe he is our junior, turned around and feigned innocence. This makes Brie much angrier, and so she walked toward him and towered him like a cop who demand an answer from suspect. Poor the guy, I can see him begin to shake and his face is pale. "What are you? A real man? Knocking down a girl without so much as to even notice me?" She keep bantering him.

"Brie, let him go -" I tried to persuade her but she cut my sentence.

"Let him go? Are you insane, Archie?" She glared at me menacingly before she stared back at the trembling guy. "What? Aren't you going to apologize?"

"Sss...sss...ss..sorry..." he stammered. She snorted and smirk.

"Now that's what a real man will do. Now go away before I kick your ASS!" She shouted again. Now everyone here is staring at us. I was the one who can feel myself blushing, while Brie acted as if she did something common. I mean, for God's sake, she is shouting with filthy word on it! If my mother saw me doing that, she'll definitely lecturing me about how girl aren't suppose to say rude and filthy word etc etc. She caught me staring at her. "What?" she asked. I just shake my head and thank God she leave it like that.

The next thing I know, Brie is complaining about the price of the food, which apparently has increased since the holiday ended.

"Miss, I'm sorry if you don't like our newly set price, but we are also human being, we need more money to live -"

"Bullshit! This is all bullshit, you know why?" She leaned toward the cashier and whispered in sinister, "your food here is not qualify for higher price, because your food doesn't have great taste, you got my point huh?" The cashier's face become red.

"Then why are you here? If you hate our food and service so much, why the hell are you here?" The cashier demanded. I can sense that both of them are about to jump into one another, and so I step between them.

"Please, Brie, just pay the damn food. And excuse my friend miss, it's my fault to bring her here -"

"Shit! You are nothing different like this girl! Either you pay or you starve to dead, get it?"

I just stared at her, and in my mind, feel regret that I did not let Brie strangle this woman. We did pay the food (thank God I took time to retrieve money from bank!) and with grumbling Brie, we manage to get a seat where it's not much crowded. We ate in peace, which is what I prefer now. I tried to stifle a laugh to see the way Brie eat. She's kinda eat (trying hard is more likely) in a ladylike act, and she was so focus on finishing her food that she failed to notice me making so much effort of not to laugh, especially at time where Brie is in foul mood. Which makes me think of something. Brie has been in this mood since she set eyes on Kendra. And then.. this makes me remember about the question which has been nagging on my brain for such a long time.

No way you will gonna escape this time.

"Brie, I was wondering -"

"I want to buy another drink. You want one?" She is trying to escape again, and damn hell if I'm gonna let her do that. I hold her arm tightly. "Ouch! That hurt!" She slightly shouted. I lessen my grip but still not going to release it.

"That's it, Brie. There's no more escape this time. We'll be graduating next year and damn hell if I'm gonna wait again to ask you about this. What the hell is going on between you and Kendra?"

*********************************************************************

** Brie POV **

Uh-oh, I'm so dead!

I know the look Archie gave to me before the question even being said out loud, and so as usual I was trying to divert her attention to something else, and I always succeed in doing that in the past. But this time... shit.... She is so persistant. Maybe the breakup of O'Brien & Jane did affect her.

"Brie, look at me," Archie said in calm, deadly tone. I was staring on the table to avoid eye contact with her. Even if she has to bribe me, I can't tell her about this. It's not my place exactly to reveal about it, and it'll certainly break her heart more. She put her finger on my jaw and force me to look straight at her. I was slightly pale and guilty to see her curious but dark expression. "I've been meaning to ask you about this, but everytime I made an effort to do that, you just keep giving some excuse or trying to divert my attention. Now..." She put her hands on my shoulder. I gulped slightly. She is too calm for me, and it scares me a little. "If you are my best friend, you will tell me the truth, do you understand me?"

There you go: Blackmail! I am so despise with blackmail, because I am the kind of person who is easily fall into blackmail. But, she can't be serious about that? I mean, she use our friendship to get the truth, and I feel like it is not right. My anger rise in me. "Nothing happen between us. I just don't like her, that's all." I stated with finality, hoping that she get the message of not bothering about this anymore. Boy did I was wrong about that. In fact, she is getting more eager to push me.

"Oh come on, Brie. I can't help it if I'm to thirst for the truth. You are my best friend and Kendra is my roomate -"

"- whose sister has just screw up your brother," I finished for her. Wrong choice of words. Her expression turn even more darker.

"Don't mention about that, you get it?" She clenched her teeth. I was stunned but before I could even think of what to say to her, she stand up abruptly. "Fine. Just keep your dirty little secret with yourself, not that I need it anyway, best friend!" She left me with anger. I can feel my tears welling in my eyes but not gonna let it fall. I put my head on the table and muttered to myself. "You have no idea, Archie. It is really a dirty little secret that you will not want to know. I did this for you, forgive me Archie."


0 comments: