BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

.... but I love You..... (part 3)

** Archelle POV **

It was barely dark when I finally parked my car at the garage provided specifically for those who lives in my dormitory. I was so exhausted throughall this 4 hours drive. This is the least favourite part of my day so far. I sighed as I went to grab my bagpack in the backseat and got out of my car.

Home sweet home. Except that I don't feel like home at all here. I should be glad to have room, roomate and future career. What more could be asked? But I feel like there's something missing in my life, making me feel somehow incomplete.

I saw few loving couples having a date nearby and I sighed again and the realization hit me. I forgot about how does it feels to be loved by someone special. It's been way too long time since I last got myself involved in a relationship. I shook my head, didn't want to remind myself about how suck my love life is, and walked to my hostel, slightly nervous over something but couldn't quite put my finger on what it is.

Few of my dormitory mates are also busy with their unpacking things. I briefly said hi to some of them.

"Archie!"

I stopped on my track and smile widely. There's no one in this world that called me Archie other than my sneaky little friend Brie. I turned around and saw her with her big grinned on her face and is running toward me. We hugged each other and laughing. Oh I miss my best friend during holiday. We always chatted at MSN when we are far from each other. Brie Matthews is the best friend that I ever had.

"Brie! I'm so glad to see you again," I mumbled on her shoulder. She chuckled.

"Me too! My life is kinda boring without you," she said sadly. We parted and I pinched her cheek.

"Goodness, you're growing up," I teased her.

"Oh come on! Just admit it that I am getting chubbier," she poked my ribs. I mocked hurt and pop out my tongue to her.

"When did you arrive here?" I said as we continue walking to my room. Our room is situated at the same floor, thank goodness. Sometimes when I get bored, I will crash into her room just to talk and gossiping. Brie has 2 other roomates, both are foreign people. 1 is from France and 1 is from Italy. How cool it is. Sometimes I tend to get jealous of how Brie is doing well with Bella (the french girl) and Maria (the italian girl), while Kendra and I are nothing as such like that. But otherwise, I love Brie like a sister, not just like a best friend.

"I just arrive 10 minutes before I saw you. I was just going to your room to check if you are here, and lucky I am, I saw you," she put her arm around my shoulder.

We arrived in front of my room. The door is locked. So Kendra is not at room I gather. I unlocked it and truth to be told, there's no sight of her.

"Oh wow, I still can't believe how big your room is," Brie stated as she sat on my bed.

"That's because it's only two of us, you freak," I said sarcastically. She just laughed and seems like she is searching for something, or...

"Where's Kendra the nerdy?" She said out loud.

"Syyhh.... she'll be pissed if she heard that," I whispered, putting my finger on my mouth to tell her to shut up.

"I heard that."

We both looked at the girl who just make an entrance to our room. Is it me or is Kendra looking thinner and paler than the last time I saw her? I feel slightly worry about her.

"Hi, Brie. Nice to see you again," Kendra said matter-of-factly. Brie just snorted, I kicked her leg to mind her manner. She faked her smile.

"Yeah, niceeee to see you too," she purposely drawled the "nice" word, and I know Kendra notice it but decided to let it go.

Brie and Kendra never got along with each other. I don't know how, when and where this happen. But I did know when I notice the indifference between my best friend and my roomate. The first day I moved in here, Brie visited me, and together we complained about how ridiculous the dormitory system was to not letting us to choose our own roomates. The moment Brie set eyes on Kendra who moved in later, I immediately knew from their expression that they will never get along each other in future. And still does. I always want to ask Brie just why she never fond of Kendra but it kind of slip out of my mind when I did met Brie.

Kendra never said about it either. Hell, she barely even said anything to me, with the exception of me mentioning about Jane. The thought of Jane makes me angry again. I wonder how Brien will cope with that tomorrow at school, to have to see his ex again. I gotta do something about it, have to talk about this to Kendra, I don't care if she will shout obscenities to me as loud as she can. I can't just sit here and pretend as if nothing happen. I will settle this tonight, I decided.

** Brie POV **

Every time I set my eyes on Kendra, all I saw is the word BITCH written on her face. Oh yeah, she did look innocence and goody-goody shoes on the outside, but only I know just how bitchy she could be. When I found out about Kendra being a medical student, I was ready to throw up on the spot. That bitch didn't deserve to become a doctor.

Of course, I don't intend to tell Archie about this. Kendra is her roomate after all, and I know just how defended Archie can be. If she ever find out about the true Kendra, she will become more awkward being in the same room as Kendra. I care about Archie, and wants what's best for her.

There are time when I just can't hold on to see Kendra interact with people, feigning innocence. What a fake girl she is. If only they knew what I knew. As much as I hate her, I am not mean enough to just tell the whole world about Kendra Louis.

And now, sitting in the same room with Kendra, I am trying my best to not just go to her and poke her on her chest. I know Archie notice our indifference, and I was surprise enough that in 3 years of us here, Archie never approached me about it. But it is a good thing too, because I don't have any intention to talk about it either to spoil our best time together.

Archie and I are best friend since high school. It's funny, we were classmate for 5 years, but we were not close until our final year there. I never thought that Archie, with her usually stoic appearance, can be so sweet to me and nice too. I am so lucky to have a best friend like her.

"Brie, let's go have some dinner, I am so hungry, I didn't eat at all since I leave home," Archie said, pouted. Did she have any idea just how adorable she look right now? She give me a kind of look, silently telling me that she wants me to stay away from Kendra. I know she can read me well, and I bet she know just how badly I want to strangle Kendra.

I just shrugged and nodded. "Okay, let's go. My treat." I totally ignored that Kendra even existed in this room. I waited for Archie to prepare herself before we left to go to satisfy our stomach need.

0 comments: