BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

.... but I love You..... (part 17)

The library is quiet as usual. Well, that is the main purpose of the library- to have a nice and quiet study time. Brie was seated at the slightly hidden corner with tons of books about make-up on both of her sides. She was cranking up her brain, and huffed in frustration of not being able to understand a word about the chemical reaction in every products of make-up. She couldn't understand why she need to learn all of this chemistry stuff when she knows she'll ended up being a make-up artist, and not a make-up advisor.


Suddenly she felt like someone is staring at her back, she can actually felt as if the eyes are just penetrating her back. She turned around and there it is, guilty as charge. She groaned out loud, and cursed of the so-called-beautiful weather for making fun of her day. She doesn't need to face the one person that she hate the most now. The girl is walking toward her, and she pretend to concentrate hard on the ever-confusing chemistry of make-up.

"Hey," soft voice greeted her ear. She was froze for the moment, couldn't believe it in her ear that this girl ever spoke softly to her. She turn her face to see the sunken-looked-face of Kendra Louis.

"Hey," Brie said emotionless.

"Mind if I sit here?" Kendra asked, while struggling to keep her balance with the thick-medical-books. Brie just mumbled in agreement. Kendra then took her seat in front of Brie and started to open up the medical book, which Brie caught up the title "Biochemistry" on it.

"I hate chemistry so much," Brie muttered as if to herself. Kendra just snorted.

"Me too, but our professor insisted that we should master biochemistry or else do not dream of becoming a doctor," Kendra complained without breaking her eye contact with the book. "What are you studying?"

Brie indicated her book. "Chemistry on make-up world. Sounds fun right?"She stressed out the word "fun" in a sarcastic way. "I don't know why we have to learn all of this. I thought make-up is supposed to be all about art."

Kendra chuckled a little. "Well, I can help you, if you want."

Wait. Are you kidding? Kendra Louis is offering some help? Brie blinked her eyes for a several times before she could think of a respond.

"Well... if you're willing to help...." Brie hesitated. Kendra sensed it, so she looked at Brie straight to her eyes and smile reassuring.

"Let's just put all the hatred we had on each other behind us," she suggested. Brie looked at her sideway. "You are not friend with her again, Brie, and as long as you didn't spill the thing about me to her, I am cool with you."

"But what you did is wrong, Kendra. The fact that she used to be my friend doesn't change any of my perspective on what you did. It still wrong to me," Brie hissed, began to feel annoy.

"The fact that you like girl, is okay for you?" Kendra countered back. Brie's face became red.

"I never said I like girl!" She whispered harshly.

"But everybody knows you hit on Archelle and get rejected, Brie. Ev-ery-bo-dy!"

"That doesn't make me a lesbian!"

"Oh come on-"

"Stop it okay!" Brie had enough. She was just making a move to stand up when Kendra grabbed her forearm tightly.

"Please don't go. I want to....help you with....the chemistry," Kendra said in a small voice. Brie just stared at her in disbelieve. She didn't how how Kendra can change her personality in a blink of an eye. One second she was a kind girl, the next thing she became a bitch, and then she changed back to the previous one. Brie thought for a second, then she sat down. "Thank you," Kendra said with a slight smile.

"I accept your offer for MY own sake okay? This doesn't mean we are friends, got it?" Brie warned her. Kendra just shrugged her shoulder and began to take a look at the text that Brie had been staring for hours.

"Oh... okay, I think I know what these texts means. C'mere, Brie, let's get started." Brie rolled her eyes, but did comply and listen intently to Kendra's explaination. After about an hour or so, Brie finally can made sense of the texts, and when she looked at Kendra, she actually offering her a genuine smile to her.

"Thank you Kendra. Now I know what these craps means," Brie said jokingly. Kendra nodded gratefully.

"Glad to be on your service."

Brie looked at her watch and noted that it was finally time to lunch. "Hey, I gotta go, I'm hungry, and I don't want to keep my roomates waiting for me."

"Yeah, go on, I still need to do some revision, and am gonna skip lunch anyway," Kendra said while she is still slipping the pages over and over again.

Brie grabbed her bag pack and library books to be return to its appropriate place, and got up from her seat. She held out her hand to Kendra, and Kendra gladly accepted it. "Thanks again."

"Your welcome."

As Brie left the seat, Kendra couldn't help but smile at what just happen between them. She cannot believe that she can be so kind to Brie, but then she shrugged it off and continued her revision.

************************************

Lunch time. As the clock struck to 12.30pm, all students gather their things way too fast and just leave the lecture hall without so much as to said thanks to Mr.Rufus, well, except for Archelle & Marcus who still have manner.

"I'm glad that some student still have manner," Mr.Rufus said, sighed. Marcus just chuckled, while Archelle was fidgeting a bit. Marcus was left unnoticed.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you were going to pass out or something," he rumbled while putting his books into his bagpack.

"Nothing. Let's go," Archelle held Marcus' forearm, which was a big mistake for her because as soon as she touched his forearm, she jumped like getting an electric shock. Marcus just cringed and looked at Archelle with confusion. After they said goodbye to Mr.Rufus, both of them went to cafeteria. No conversation was held during their walk. Marcus was getting worried of his best friend, wondering what made her acted weird so sudden today. Meanwhile, Archelle was getting more nervous and she even had a hard time to breathed properly. Marcus then stop her midway by standing in front of her.

"Are you okay? You're breathless," he said with worried look on his face. Archelle took a deep breath and suddenly she found the grass on her feet much interesting. She was mumbling something but Marcus is having a hard time to hear it so he asked her to repeat it again.

"I...have something to tell you," she said in tiny voice. Marcus smiled and patted both her shoulders.

"Do tell now, or should we go to the cafe first and then you can tell me whatever is bothering you...?" He suggested. Archelle shook her head.

"No, I wanna tell you right here, right now," she insisted, clenching and unclenching her fist. Marcus was frowning now, becoming more confuse with her.

"Okay, tell me then, I'm waiting," he said, folding his arms around his body.

Archelle is getting frustrated. She couldn't even form the right word to say, and it sucks because these kind of things always happen when she is nervous, and now is not the exception of it.

"I'm waiting.....waiting......" He said in sing-song tone, while whistling and tapping his right foot. Then, suddenly he caught her telling him something but he couldn't catch it up. "What is it again? You talk too fast."

Archelle cleared her throat. "Marcus Lawrence.... I.... I adore you as my best friend."

He smiled at that word. "Yes, I feel the same too, my best friend-"

"...but I love you Marcus Lawrence!" She cut in, and then followed by silence. A total silence. Before Marcus could even react, Archelle suddenly just ran away from him without another word. Marcus saw her with his eyes, mouth was open wide now, and blinked his eyes in disbelief.

"Archelle.... Oh God, did I just heard her saying I love you to me?" He muttered to himself, and continue his walk to the cafeteria in awe.

0 comments: